Have you visited Cotswold Lavender yet?
Set in the heart of the beautiful Cotswold Hills overlooking Broadway and the Vale of Evesham, the fields are open from 22nd June to 1st August 2020.
This place is amazing and well worth the trip. In a nutshell, it’s fields and fields of lavender that look and smell insane. There are rows and rows of the stuff to walk between, which makes a beautiful backdrop for photos, but also fun for kids to walk through.
Some of it is so high as it’s soon to be harvested, and it’s full of nature to look at. We saw lots of butterflies, bees, and unusual looking bugs which were fascinating to watch.
There is another area of yellow self seeded wildflowers which also provided a great maze to get lost in.
We saw a few wheelchairs and buggies, but the rows are too narrow to go between. The ground is also a bit uneven, so it might be limited as to how close you might get these to the flowers. It might be best to take a carrier for babies.
There is a little van selling drinks, ice creams and gifts, but the queue was massive. It’s best to pack a picnic as there’s loads of space to pop a blanket down, but also benches to use too.
Expect it to be busy – queues are likely if you go at peak times (lunchtimes and weekends). They do go quite quickly though, and once you’re in, there’s loads of room to socially distance.
£4.00 for Adults. £2.00 for Children under 15 yrs. Children under 5 yrs go free. Please note: They are not accepting cash this year, only card payments.
What is at Cotswold Lavender?
At a glance, this is what you’ll find at Cotswold Lavender:
- Rows and rows of different varieties of lavender
- Self-seeded flowers for kids to run around and hide in
- Portaloo toilets including disabled
- Picnic benches and wide open space for blankets
- Dogs welcome on leads
- Refreshments van (normally a cafe and shop but closed due to Covid-19)
- Free parking with a large overflow car park
What you need to know
- DOGS ALLOWED? Yes, on leads.
- PICNIC PLACE? Yes, tables dotted around and lots of grassy space for blankets.
- TOILETS? Yes, portaloos at the entrance.
- ADDRESS: Hill Barn Farm, Snowshill, Broadway, Worcestershire, WR12 7JY.
Visit Warwickshire’s Country Parks for more information.
Read about more walks and nature reserves we recommend.